- 1 picked over roasted chicken carcass from Food Lion.
- 3 limp stalks of celery and 3 limp carrots from the crisper.
- a handful of wilted spinach (my fridge is where salad stuff goes to die).
- a handful of dried shitakes (age unknown).
- a questionable onion.
- a couple of bay leaves.
- something that appears to be a spice that was in the back of the cabinet in a to-go cup.
- a pinch of sugar.
- a pinch of MSG. Yes, MSG!
- a dash of fish sauce
- a dash of maggi sauce.
- a splash of balsamic vinegar.
- a pinch of black pepper.
- a pinch of white pepper.
- a little bit of what I think is ground sage.(Not sure on this one, it was in a baggie in the cabinet. wink!wink!)
- a whole lot of low and slow cooking.
Answer: A belly full of goodness.